Embroidered and sequins and Pom-Poms, oh my! If your normal “day to day” outfit is more of a minimalist look – this trend might be a tad too much to handle. Or style. Or incorporate into your look without being over-the-top. Embellished trends can go from simple boho-chic to a bedazzled nightmare. Slippery style slope. Are there guidelines for this trend? And – let’s cut to the chase. Shopping. What are top selling embellished items that work with ANY wardrobe, budget, occasion and age?
- Tassel Trim
- Lace Inset
- Bye, Bye Bling: No need for other “statement” jewelry while styling anything embellished
- One and Done: Whatever you choose as the embellished item, stop right there. No more glitz or glam required.
- Basics are Best: Keep the other items of your look solid. Think neutral colors, black/white or monochromatic.
- Shoes = Simple: Not kidding about basics. That includes shoes. Meaning, no heels.
- Blah or Boring?: Got a <sorry to say> boring outfit? Adding 1 embellished item is an instant chic upgrade. Try it.
- Keep your look monochromatic (like my all white look below) for a fresh and chic vibe. This also balances out the Ba-Baaam by the chill white (or any monochromatic) foundation.
- Limit the jewelry since embellishment is THE gem of your outfit!
- Handbags can’t handle the competition, so choose a bag that doesn’t take away from this style/trend.
- Who: YOU! Northeast Ohio, stop by! I’ll be there personally helping YOU choose embellished looks to fit your style/budget/age/occasion/vacation goals
- What: How to Style EMBELLISHED looks!
- When: June 3, 2017 from 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Where: Dillards at Great Northern Mall
- Why: Live DJ, Makeup artist to teach you new summer trends, Lookbook of embellished style ideas to take home, Food, Drink and a GIVEAWAY for a Clinique gift-basket (just for trying on an outfit!).
See You Soon at Dillards!
Can’t Wait? SHOP Now… <wink>
**Dillards offered me featured clothing items for review for this post. All opinions are mine alone.